MasterChef had its second biggest ratings night this season with 1.52 million viewers tuning into the penultimate episode on Tuesday night to watch Mindy Woods eliminated from the show.
The fourth series of the Network Ten reality cooking show has been heating up in the ratings in the past week.
After averaging around a million viewers earlier this season, the final week has peaked nicely for Wednesday night's grand final.
Monday night's audience of 1.58 million was the best ratings episode of the series.
In line to take the crown are apprentice electrician Andy Allen, account manager Audra Morrice and legal secretary Julia Taylor.
MasterChef out-rated Seven News (1.279 million), Nine News (1.228 million) and Today Tonight (1.112 million), which were second, third and fourth respectively.
Seven's drama Winners & Losers was solid with 1.026 million viewers to finish ahead of A Current Affair (1.012 million) and ABC News (1.006 million).
Soapie Home and Away was eighth with 933,000 and Being Lara Bingle came in ninth with 931,000 viewers. Just as with The Shire on Monday night, the numbers for Being Lara Bingle were inflated because they took in MasterChef viewers when the show ran overtime.
On confirmed times, which is actual screening minutes, Being Lara Bingle attracted 768,000 watchers.
Fantasy drama Once Upon A Time was 10th with 855,000 viewers, giving Seven five of the top 10 shows.
Top rating shows on Tuesday night
1. MasterChef (Ten) - 1.520 million
2. Seven News (Seven) - 1.279 million
3. Nine News (Nine) - 1.228 million
4. Today Tonight (Seven) - 1.112 million
5. Winners & Losers (Seven) - 1.026 million
6. A Current Affair (Nine) - 1.012 million
7. ABC News (ABC) - 1.006 million
8. Home and Away (Seven) - 993,000
9. Being Lara Bingle (Ten) - 931,00010. Once Upon A Time (Seven) - 855,000