Seal says that he owes it to the public to speak up after splitting from German supermodel Heidi Klum in January after seven years of wedded bliss.
The former Voice judge was vocal about the painful experience throughout the breakup and he doesn't regret his candour.
"When you live your private life in public, and things aren't necessarily as rosy as people think, you owe it to the public to speak up," he told USA Today.
Seal appreciates the support he received from fans throughout this difficult time period.
"There were people who were genuinely upset that what they thought was perfect was no longer," he said.
"I'm in an excellent place right now. In a situation like this, your priority is the children. As long as the children are happy, I'm happy."
Seal wishes he could impress his four children with Klum as much as he does his fans."They're a tough crowd," he said. "They don't like about 90 per cent of what I do. Of course, that makes the other 10 per cent really special."