Reality travel challenge show The Amazing Race faced a roadblock of its own when its second season debut fell well short of the million viewer mark on Wednesday night.
The Seven Network's second season premiere pulled just 886,000 viewers to place 10th, a long way behind top-watched program The Block which attracted an audience of 1.333 million.
In second place after the reality renovation show was Seven News, with 1.321 million viewers, then Nine News (1.2 million) and Today Tonight (1.194 million).
Network Ten's reality cook-off MasterChef had healthy numbers again with 1.094 million watching and A Current Affair was sixth with 1.081 million tuning in.
A semi-final episode of Australia's Got Talent, in which controversial singer-songwriter Owen Campbell and dance troupe Odyssey were elevated to the final, pulled 1.026 million to be seventh.
ABC news chimed in at eighth (983,000) and Seven soapie Home And Away (888,000) was ninth.
That left The Amazing Race to stagger into 10th with just 8000 more viewers than The Big Bang Theory (11th) and 19,000 more than Offspring (12th).
Top rating shows on Wednesday night
1. The Block (Nine) - 1.333 million
2. Seven News (Seven) - 1.321 million
3. Nine News (Nine) - 1.2 million
4. Today Tonight (Seven) - 1.194 million
5. MasterChef (Ten) - 1.094 million
6. A Current Affair (Nine) - 1.081 million
7. Australia's Got Talent (Ten) - 1.026 million
8. ABC News (ABC) - 983,000
9. Home and Away (Seven) - 888,000
10. The Amazing Race (Seven ) - 886,000.