A Camillo home which had had its electricity cut off was destroyed by fire in the early hours of this morning.
An unattended candle sparked the blaze, which started at 1.10am, causing $300,000 damage to the house in Community Drive.
Electricity had been cut off to the home after tenants did not pay the power bill.
Owner, Claire Hall of Collie, was shocked to see her investment property burn to the ground.
Ms Hall received a call from neighbours of the house at 1.17am and left Collie at 3am.
The tenants, two males in their 30s, had left the scene by the time Ms Hall arrived.
“There was nobody there when we got there but the roof was still smouldering so we had to call the firefighters back,” she said.
“We watched the roof cave in. To see it was quite shocking – someone tells you your house is on fire but you don’t expect to get there and see it front to back.”
Two dogs were also believed to be inside the home at the time and Ms Hall firefighters rescued a puppy from under a couch.
It took 20 firefighters close to an hour to contain the blaze.
Police and Western Power were also on the scene.