Alleged victims of a counsellor accused of sexually preying on boys he was supposed to be helping attended court to watch his case this morning.
Allan Keith Huggins, 66, was due to appear in the Perth Magistrate's Court on 33 charges alleging he molested boys aged from 11 to 17 in 1990-91 while working with two services in Mt Lawley and East Victoria Park.
A problem with the videolink meant that his scheduled bail application had to be adjourned.
However, alleged victims remained in court to watch the proceedings while detectives continue their investigation and ask for any other complainants to come forward via a hotline set up as part of the investigation.
An alleged victim, whose case is part of the charges currently against Mr Huggins, said outside court that he would continue to attend court because he wanted justice.
The man, now aged in his 30s, said he had been pleased the matter was finally in court.
"I want to see justice done," he said.
"I haven't been able to hold down a job for very long. Haven't had a relationship in 10 years. It's not really a day that goes by that I don't think about it.
"I hope people do come forward."
Mr Huggins has until recently continued working as a counsellor in the Rockingham area.
The hotline regarding allegations against Mr Huggins, which is being handled by the Department of Health, is 1800 552 203.Mr Huggins, who has not entered a plea to the charges has been remanded in prison and is due to appear next in court on September 5 for a bail application.