The Federal Court building in central Perth was evacuated this morning after smoke was discovered on the sixth floor.
Fire crews from Perth and Kensington attended the building on Victoria Avenue at about 11.40am.
A Department of Fire and Emergency Services spokesman said the smoke was caused by a faulty light fitting.Hundreds of people who had been evacuated onto St Georges Terrace have now been allowed to re-enter the building.
'The West Australian' is a trademark of West Australian Newspapers Limited 2013.
All rights reserved.
Select your state to see news for your area.