A Bunbury family of 10 fear they have lost everything after a house fire - likely sparked by a bar heater - gutted their home this morning.
Catholic missionaries Suzanna and Jose Aguilar and their eight children were out this morning when flames engulfed their Dalyellup home.
Fire crews managed to extinguish the blaze on Coojong Street and believe it was sparked by a bar heater accidentally left on in the children's bedroom.
Mr Aguilar said he was at church and his wife was taking their children to school and when they returned they found their home was in flames.
"We have eight children and the youngest is two months old, she's OK," he said.
"Thank God the neigbours were able to help and everyone was able to help."
"The good thing is everyone is OK, material things can be replaced, and the family is OK."
Neighbour James Taylor was home sick when he noticed smoke in the air and rushed to help, concerned people might be at home.
"I thought, that's not a bushfire, that's a fire fire, I can smell plastic burning.
"I saw the next-door neighbour and told her to grab something heavy, she rang the police and she grabbed a rock and smashed the two front windows.
"We checked the backroom and we went round to the bedroom where the fire was and it was just engulfed."Police said the fire was not suspicious and it was a reminder to be extremely careful with bar heaters during winter.
'The West Australian' is a trademark of West Australian Newspapers Limited 2013.
All rights reserved.
Select your state to see news for your area.