A wheelchair-bound man was rescued from a fire in his Nedlands home this morning.
Fire crews rescued the man, who is believed to be in his 60s, after a report of a blaze at his home on Stirling Highway about 4.17am.
Two crews from Daglish extinguished the fire within a few minutes.
A Department of Fire and Emergency Services spokesman said the blaze was caused by a cigarette being dropped on some clothing and caused about $2000 damage.The man was taken to Sir Charles Gardiner Hospital by St John Ambulance. His injuries are not believed to be life-threatening.