A 14-year-old boy was taken to hospital with burns to his legs after a fierce fire at his home in Clarkson yesterday morning.
Seven News reported that the boy was believed to have been burnt when he opened a door to a room that was on fire.
Last night, he was in Royal Perth Hospital in a stable condition.
The teenager was at home with his mother and brother when the fire broke out just after 5am.
It caused about $150,000 damage and was believed to have started in a garage next to the house, before spreading to the kitchen and living area.
Neighbours said they heard an explosion that ripped the garage doors off. Four fire trucks attended and crews took about 35 minutes to control the flames.The Department of Fire and Emergency Services is investigating.