A 66-year-old Rockingham man on a string of historic child sex charges had been working as a counsellor until his arrest with a court told it was possible there would also be recent victims.
Allan Keith Huggins today lost a bid to suppress his identity as he appeared in the Perth Magistrate's Court on more than 30 charges.
The alleged offences relate to six juveniles aged 11 to 17 who he is accused of molesting between 1990 and 1991.
He allegedly preyed on the boys while working as an education officer with a work transition program in East Victoria Park and a counsellor with a Mt Lawley adolescent service.
Police claim he has had many health, welfare and teaching roles around the country.
Today, a police prosecutor said Mr Huggins was still working as a counsellor.
"There is a possibility there may be recent victims," the prosecutor said.
The court was told 20 alleged victims had been identified from 1990 to 1991, with some of them having been through the justice system themselves decades after they were allegedly sexually abused.
A hotline called "Speak up, we will listen" has been set up by the Department of Health to help with reports alleging sexual abuse by Mr Huggins and provide support. The number is 1800 552 203.Mr Huggins was remanded in custody to reappear on August 30.