A fire at Perth's Council House earlier this morning caused about $60,000 damage.
Firefighters were called to the St George's Terrace premises about 4am, after a blaze broke out in a high-voltage switch room in the basement.
Three crews responded and extinguished the fire within 20 minutes.
The cause of the fire was believed to be an electrical fault.It is unknown if Council House will be open today.
'The West Australian' is a trademark of West Australian Newspapers Limited 2013.
All rights reserved.
Select your state to see news for your area.