Workers were evacuated from Perth's Exchange Plaza this afternoon after reports of smoke coming from one of the top levels of the tower.
Fire crews were called to the building, on The Esplanade at about 2.20pm after what appeared to be smoke was spotted by workers.
A malfunctioning hot water system was found to be the source of the concern.
It took fire crews about 30 minutes to make the area safe.No one was injured in the incident.
'The West Australian' is a trademark of West Australian Newspapers Limited 2013.
All rights reserved.
Select your state to see news for your area.