A fire believed to be caused by children playing with matches caused an estimated $200,000 damage to a home in Bibra Lake this afternoon.
The blaze tore through the back of the single storey brick and tile house on Meller Road and gutted the home.
The house is understood to be a Homeswest property.
A Department of Fire and Emergency Services spokeswoman said firefighters were called to the blaze just after 3pm and it was extinguished within about 30 minutes.
She said the fire was accidentally lit and it was believed to be caused by children playing with matches.
Fire crews from Success and Murdoch attended the blaze with police.Police have declared the fire non-suspicious.
'The West Australian' is a trademark of West Australian Newspapers Limited 2013.
All rights reserved.
Select your state to see news for your area.