A Darch family fled a fire in their two-storey house last night, minutes before the roof collapsed.
About 11.30pm, an electrical fault in an ensuite downlights sparked a blaze in the roof of the Appleby Drive home.
A woman and her three children were reportedly sleeping upstairs when the mother smelled smoke.
She managed to get her children outside just before the roof collapsed.
Fire crews from four stations battled to contain the blaze and had it under control by midnight.The fire destroyed the second-storey of the house, causing about $900,000 damage.
'The West Australian' is a trademark of West Australian Newspapers Limited 2013.
All rights reserved.
Select your state to see news for your area.