A serial paedophile who changed his name to Michael Jackson has been jailed for the abuse and imprisonment of a 10-year-old boy.
The Daily Mail in London reports that Jackson, whose real name is Albert English, admitted the sexual assault, false imprisonment and kidnap of the child, who was held prisoner in a cupboard for three hours after being dragged into a flat in England's West Midlands.
Jackson, 50, was jailed indefinitely for the "truly horrific" abduction which saw him grab the boy from the local shops in Oldbury. He put a pillow case over the boy's head and told him he would never see his mother again.
The Mail reports that the 10-year-old escaped from a cupboard in Jackson's Bristnall Hall Road flat and waved for help from a window.
The boy's hands were bound but he managed to move towards a window of the flat, where he was spotted by a local woman searching for him.
Jackson also told the Wolverhampton Crown Court that he had abducted a 10-year-old girl two months earlier
Ordering Jackson to serve at least seven years before being eligible for parole, Judge Martin Walsh said the abduction was "the stuff of every parent's nightmare".
The court was told that Jackson gagged and bound the victim with duct tape and a rope, placed a craft knife near him, and warned him his father would be murdered, according to The Daily Mail.
Jackson, who changed his name because his ex-wife Lisa Grose was a fan of the singer, was arrested last November after the boy was found at his ground-floor flat.
Locals and police searched for the boy after he disappeared walking to the shops. The Mail reports he was held captive for more than three hours.
In court on May 11, Jackson - who has previous convictions for sexual assault - pleaded guilty to abducting a 10-year-old girl in the West Midlands in September last year.
Judge Walsh said it was likely to be "very many years, if ever" before Jackson was judged to be safe to be freed.
The paedophile, who was jailed in 1983 for the knife-point kidnap and indecent assault of a teenage girl, showed no emotion as the judge told him: "The facts of this case are truly horrific and are the stuff of every parent's nightmare. I am satisified that had (the 10-year-old boy) not escaped, he would have been subjected to further serious sexual abuse or worse.
"He was, fortuitously, able to escape from the cupboard. When he entered the bedroom, he saw a knife, pliers and a hammer - articles he believed would be used to kill him."It is simply impossible to imagine the sheer terror experienced by that young child as a result of your actions."
'The West Australian' is a trademark of West Australian Newspapers Limited 2013.
All rights reserved.
Select your state to see news for your area.