Police are investigating a vicious after-school brawl between three South West teenagers that left a 17-year-old boy in hospital with facial fractures.
South West detectives have charged a 13-year-old boy and a 15-year-old boy with assault causing bodily harm after an attack on the 17-year-old in Beddingfield Way, Australind, about 3.15pm on Tuesday.
The Education Department has suspended the 15-year-old for a week and the younger boy has been withdrawn from the school by his family. It is believed the victim was a former student of the school which his alleged attackers attended. The 17-year-old had facial fractures and was transferred from Bunbury to Royal Perth Hospital for treatment. He was released late yesterday.
Det-Sen. Sgt Jon Munday said it appeared the fight had been part of a clash between a number of teenagers, and the victim knew the alleged attackers.
A Department of Education spokeswoman described the incident as extremely serious. "Two students of the school have been charged and the incident is now a police investigation," she said.The two boys are due to appear in Bunbury Children's Court next Friday.
'The West Australian' is a trademark of West Australian Newspapers Limited 2013.
All rights reserved.
Select your state to see news for your area.