Police are investigating a vicious after-school brawl between three South West teenagers which left a 17-year-old boy in hospital with facial fractures.
South West detectives have charged 13-year-old boy and 15-year-old boy with assault caused bodily harm following an attack on a 17-year-old boy in Beddingfield Way Australind about 3.15pm on Tuesday. Both boys were students at Australind Senior High School.
The Education Department has suspended 15-year-old boy for a week and the younger boy has been withdrawn from the high school by his family.
It’s believed the 17-year-old victim was a former student of the school where his alleged offenders attended.
The 17-year-old boy has received facial fractures and severe grazing on the side of his head. He had to be transferred from Bunbury to Royal Perth Hospital for treatment. He was released late yesterday and is expected to make a full recovery.
Det Sen Sgt Jon Munday said it appeared the fight had been part of a clash between a number of teenagers, and the alleged offenders were know to the victim.
A Department of Education spokeswoman described the incident as extremely serious.
"The alleged behaviour is very shocking," she said.“Two students of the school have been charged and the incident is now a police investigation.
“The school will continue to remind all students of the high standards of behaviour expected of them including the need to respect each other.The two boys are due to appear in the Bunbury Children’s Court on September 21.
'The West Australian' is a trademark of West Australian Newspapers Limited 2013.
All rights reserved.
Select your state to see news for your area.