Natural disaster relief will be provided to those in the south of WA residents after storms lashed the State this month.
Emergency Services Minister Troy Buswell said a storm event from June 7 to June 13 had been declared an "eligible disaster" under the WA Natural Disaster Relief and Recovery Arrangements.
"This funding assistance will help affected councils and communities recover from this storm damage as quickly as possible," he said.
Those affected included those south of a line from Geraldton to Laverton to Forrest.
The funding could be granted for damaged boundary fences, freight costs, State Government and local government clean-up works, small businesses and those left in personal hardship after the storms.
Main Roads is working with local councils to repair and restore roads damaged in the storms.The arrangement is jointly funded by the Federal and State Governments.
'The West Australian' is a trademark of West Australian Newspapers Limited 2013.
All rights reserved.
Select your state to see news for your area.