Three teenagers are in hospital after a bike stunt went horribly wrong in Adelaide yesterday.
The two boys and a girl were attempting the ‘jump through fire’ stunt at Findon Ski Kids yesterday afternoon.
The flaming cardboard was meant to break up and instead stuck to the 15-year-olds as they rode through.
Spectators were shocked to see all three on fire before the flames were doused by onlookers.
They were all wearing protective clothing including overalls, goggles, helmets and balaclavas however still suffered burns.
They were treated ambulance crews before being taken to Women’s and Children’s Hospital.
St John Ambulance crews treated the riders before SA Ambulance crews arrived and took the trio to the Women's and Children's Hospital.
It’s believed the accident occurred due to incorrect preparation. The cardboard wasn’t cut properly and when the teens hit it, it didn’t break as it was supposed to.
Organisers say it’s a stunt that they’ve performed plenty of times but it was the first time these riders had attempted the jump.
Should Boy Scouts allow openly gay adult leaders?Vote
View extra video from our stories, put together by our cameramen.Click here »
The teenager who racially abused Sydney's Adam Goodes @adamroy37 has called him to apologise http://t.co/YZw3XlV4cm
Australian #Muslims warned of possible backlash after #Woolwich attacks http://t.co/4foHdrjDvd
British zoo worker mauled to death by tiger http://t.co/wS59WzBd3c
Sydney's Adam Goodes was visibly distressed after an apparent racial taunt from a fan http://t.co/KGT7gKbfio
Camille O'Sullivan - FeelFestival Theatre StageShe arrives as a sparkling Red Riding Hood, tending front row patrons with smiles and gentle touches a...
Copyright © 2013 Yahoo!7
All rights reserved.
Select your state to see news for your area.