An elderly man will face court after sparks from an angle grinder caused a huge fire, which continues to burn in central-west New South Wales.
Police say the 76-year-old man was using the grinder on his verandah at Hargraves, south of Mugee yesterday morning.
Sparks from the tool caused nearby grass to ignite, and the flames quickly spread out-of-control.
Despite the man’s attempts to put out the flames, the fire jumped to neighbouring properties.
Firefighters used several fire engines and waterbombing jets to battle the blaze well into the night.
About 140 hectares of farmland has been affected to date.A total fire ban remains in place in New South Wales.
Do you find it offensive for women to breastfeed in public?Vote
Copyright © 2013 Yahoo!7
All rights reserved.
Select your state to see news for your area.